Monday, May 16, 2011

Apartment living

It's weird to live in an apartment complex. It's kind of awkward, socially. We recognize the same people, and we are always friendly and they are friendly back, but anything beyond a "Hey, how are you?" is crossing the unspoken boundaries.

The exception to this is at the pool. Anyone can be friends at the pool! Although the time I'm most aware of the fact that I live in Texas is when I visit the pool. Stereotypical, beer drinking, beer bellied, tattooed, loud TEXANS. I've seen two tattoos that have been particularly...mmm, redneck. First, in giant letters across the back: TEXAS (with Austin and Houston written smaller below). Second, in giant letters across his chest: WHITE TRASH. I only wish I was making this up. Let's just say the pool is best in small doses.

Speaking of the joys of apartment living, I'm pretty sure my upstairs neighbors are going to come through the ceiling one of these days. Like maybe any minute.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you get tired of apartment living in Austin, there's a place for y'all in a little country on the other side of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete