Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's a....

BOY!


It's so weird to actually know. For so long we've just been saying "it" or "him or her." Now he has so much more of an identity. I feel like I'm adjusting all over again to having a baby. First I had to adjust to the fact that a little person was going to join our family and now I have to adjust to the fact that a little BOY person will be joining our family.

As for names, I promise we will name our child before we leave the birthing center. But probably not before we meet him. I just don't see my indecisive self and my think-everything-through-one-million-times husband coming to a decision anytime soon. For now, he is Baby Boy.

I can also narrow down my nursery ideas, even though I don't really like all girly or all boyish nurseries. Basically, I want a bright and colorful nursery that will grow with him. And items that can be used outside of a nursery (read: I don't want everything in the nursery to have a lion or a sports item or a train...).

I like this design board/color scheme a lot:

Source
The sad news about this design board is that my favorite part, and probably the only thing I can actually afford is the scalloped flags (no. 11 at the top) is an Etsy find that sold out. Let me know if you find anything similar!

Last but not least, 21 weeks and finally looking more pregnant. As Andy put it, "You look pregnant now!"


4 comments:

  1. Oh my lanta...your baby bump is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color combos! i'm emailing you with other bunting ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Brian's mom could make that thing you like. Or I suppose I could learn. Love you sister! And that little baby bump of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little Meggie! You look so good with your little baby bump, your lovely lady bump lol. I love you and your boy bump. muaw

    ReplyDelete