Saturday, August 21, 2010

Becoming a Passwater

Social security, driver's license, bank cards and few other small things are all changed over into my new name. I'm really a Passwater now. Spell check doesn't even know how spell Passwater! Neither does anyone else.

We have been married for almost two months. We have lived for more than a week in three states and slept in around 10 different beds. We are on our way to being settled now, though. Our apartment is cute and filled with African memorabilia. It was almost entirely furnished by Target gift cards, with the exception of the hand-me-down chair that we brought from Alabama and the $80 craigslist couch (which has seen better days, but looks much happier with some throw pillows). Oh yeah, and the $6.00 Goodwill coffee table.

We've been going to Crosspointe Church and looking for ways to get involved. Today we went to the church clean up day. Andy trimmed trees and changed light bulbs and I spend 4 hours organizing and cleaning out the kitchen with a few other ladies. I am excited about getting involved there. Not necessarily because I have a complete servant's heart, but because I am excited to build relationships with people here in Austin. Mixed motives? Definitely.

Andy and I have been sending out resumes and filling out job applications for the last week. I have been applying at a lot of preschools so I can start working while I get my Texas teaching license sorted out. I had to take this crazy test asking me all kinds of personality questions. Then I had to rate myself on how well I did on the test. Well, I think I have a pretty good personality, thank you very much. Weird.

I was going to end this post with some pictures of our apartment, but alas, we do not have a card reader or cord for our camera. I better add that to the Target list....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your new adventure. Both of you have lots of gobs of friends that really care for you and what's going on. I shall look forward to reading further blogs. Love and Prayers. Grandma

    ReplyDelete