Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Milestones

For the first time in my short life as a Texan (okay, let's just say resident of Texas...Texan sounds too....well, Texan)....

...I did not use the air conditioner in the car. In fact, I used the heat. Yes, even in the afternoon.

...We have all of the windows closed and it is perfect temperature inside.

...The temperature did not reach 80 degrees. It didn't even reach 70 degrees.



...It rained and felt like FALL!!!

I've been living in the illusion of fall with cinnamon spiced banana bread and a pumpkin spice air freshener and even cooking soup for dinner (it doesn't taste as good when it's 85), but at least for today it FEELS like fall. Yay! I even hear rumors that the tree outside of my classroom is going to turn flame red soon.

**DISCLAIMER: I am not complaining about warm and sunny weather. I would take months of sun and heat over months of rain and cold. I am celebrating wearing sweatpants and a hoodie, while looking forward to wearing shorts and flip flops later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Its even felt a little like fall in Cambodia. Well....not today, but last week we got down to the 70's and it was breezy which made it feel even cooler:)

    ReplyDelete